Tuesday 20 September 2016

Acting is my passion – Kiki Omeili



Kiki Omeili is a fast rising actress known for her role in the hit TV series Lekki Wives – Did you know she is a qualified Medical Doctor? – She recently explained why she made the crazy decision of quitting medicine to join Nollywood
   
Imagine you were a parent, and as soon as your daughter who spent 7 years studying Medicine at the University of Lagos graduates, she tells you she wants to become an actress instead. You would be mad right? But at the end of the day, you would still support her.
    That is probably how actress Kiki Omeili’s parents felt when she told them of her decision to study medicine. The actress most known for her role in Blessing Egbe’s TV series, Lekki Wives told Punch that her decision to become an actress was seen as ‘crazy and foolish’ at the time.
     Some people think I’m crazy to have quit medicine for a career in acting. I’m just doing what I love. When it was time for me to go to the university, I chose to study Medicine. However, by the time I was done studying Medicine, I realized that I was still drawn to the arts. I practiced for a little while, but I needed to go with my passion.”

No comments: