Wednesday 21 September 2016

3 lessons to learn from Linda Ikeji's birthday


On Monday, September 19, 2016, celebrity blogger Linda Ikeji turned 36 and made a video moaning her shortcomings.
As part of marking her 36th birthday, blogger Linda Ikeji made a touching video in which she highlighted the things she is yet to achieve. Despite breaking new grounds in the Nigeria media industry, Ikeji said she had failed to find a man of her own and start a family. What moral lessons can single and ambitious  ladies take away from this self-made millionaire who doesn’t appear fulfilled in anyway due to her lack of a man to call her own?
   
1. 
   While it is good to pursue success in life, keep a tab on your biological clock and create time for personal life


In her interview Ikeji said: “I was so determined to succeed that I didn’t pay much attention to my personal life but my attention was on my work life, my career. In the last five years I have been praying to God about my career and not on relationship. I was talking to God about my career. Until recently, I realize this is a critical moment and I started praying for an incredible guy. I am 36 now and more than ever, I am ready. I can’t wait to be a wife, mum and I can’t wait for that to happen. I love kids so much.”

2. Make time out to mingle with the right set of people
   Ikeji said: “Just that I don’t go out much and I don’t get to meet people. Until two weeks ago, in the last 6 years, since 2010, I work from home. On weekends, I go to very specific places with very specific people. So, I don’t hang out where I can find guys. Now, I have told all my friends to start introducing me to single guys so that I can have some options. Hopefully very soon, I am going to find someone. I am going to come out more and hang out more.”


3. Some women, no matter how successful they are, will never be fulfilled without a man
No matter how successful you are, there are moments when you need a companion, somebody you can share ideas, thoughts with on a regular basis, who can help nourish your dream.

No comments: